Chicago Bears: 3 players whose reputation is on the line vs. Texans
1. Outside Linebacker Khalil Mack
By now, many of us have heard the comparisons between Khalil Mack and former Bears outside linebacker Leonard Floyd, who is lighting it up with the Los Angeles Rams this year. Chicago decided to let Floyd go via free agency, and bring on Robert Quinn to fill that spot.
More from Da Windy City
- The Chicago Blackhawks made a very good addition to the franchise
- Ranking the top 5 strongest positions on Chicago Bears roster
- Blackhawks News: Andreas Athanasiou will stay for two more years
- FanDuel Illinois Promo Offers WILD $2,500 Bonus to Back Any Bears Bet!
- Chicago Bulls Rumors: 3 trades to explore with the Orlando Magic
Bears fans thought they were getting an upgrade in the pass rush, but the truth is, Floyd has looked better than both these guys for most of the season.
Here’s the reality of Mack’s season: He hasn’t had a sack since November 1st against the New Orleans Saints. And, oh by the way, that was just game number two of the Bears’ current six-game losing streak. The majority of Chicago’s slide has seen Mack without a single sack.
The Texans, meanwhile, are giving up 2.8 sacks per game throughout the course of this year. If you’re telling me the Bears come away with three sacks on Sunday, I’m going to say that at least one of them has to be from Mack. It’s been far too long. And, actually, last week against the Colts, Deshaun Watson was sacked five times.
The Texans’ offensive line should be more than feasible to work past if you’re the Bears’ pass rush. This defense still has the talent of a top group. The question is, do they come out and play like it on Sunday, or have they cashed in on this season?