Giancarlo Stanton rumors abound lately. Could the Chicago Cubs or Chicago White Sox make a big move to land the former MVP?
At first glance, it seems unlikely.
However after just one season, New York Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton reportedly could be on the move.
More from Da Windy City
- 3 takeaways from Chicago Blackhawks shootout loss to Nashville
- Chicago Cubs in the middle of chaos that is Shohei Ohtani’s free agency
- The Chicago Cubs are on a roller coaster of emotions chasing Shohei Ohtani
- Chicago Bears quietly compiling list of head coaching candidates
- Chicago White Sox News: Erick Fedde signs two-year deal
Considering that the Yankees championship window is now, the Yanks would definitely be inclined to receive a return centered around a major league piece or two.
Given Stanton’s contract, the cost (in terms of players), wouldn’t be too high. For the White Sox, a deal would make sense as it goes along with their buying plans, and it wouldn’t cost them any of their prized prospects.
Additionally, when the Yankees acquired Stanton last November, they didn’t sacrifice a single top-10 prospect in their organization. Due to the Yankees’ current state of mind, it certainly wouldn’t cost the White Sox a top-ten prospect in their own organization.
Both the Cubs and White Sox could use a middle-of-the-order power bat with the star power of Stanton. Both teams happen to have the potential to make it happen, so lets take a look at a couple of deals to send Stanton to Chicago.