The Chicago Bears offense has had a comeback drive late in the fourth quarter in each of their first two games this season.
The Bears offense now will be tested on the road for the first time this season in Pittsburgh against the Steelers.
In their first two games of the season, the Steelers defense has struggled. That being said, the Steelers still possess the best blitz scheme in the NFL. That, in itself, will be a test for the Bears’ offensive line.
Though, that will not be the only challenge to the Bears’ offense. Here are five Steeler defenders that look to thwart the early season success of the Bears.
- CB Ike Taylor-Taylor is one of the better cornerbacks in the league. In fact, it could be argued that Taylor is the best cornerback that the Bears have faced so far in 2013. In any event, Taylor will be matched against Bears’ wide receiver Brandon Marshall in what will be the one of the biggest matchups of the game.
- DE Brett Keisel-Keisel has been described by his Steelers’ teammates as one of the motors of the Pittsburgh defense. If given the chance, Keisel can certainly spell doom for an opposing quarterback. The Bears’ offensive line were tested in the first two weeks with Geno Atkins and Jared Allen, Keisel is their next test.
- S Ryan Clark- Clark is one of the hardest hitting safeties in the league. Though, giving that the Bears have utilized tight end Martellus Bennett often in the team’s first two games, one could expect that Clark may be shadowing the tight end. For the Steelers, Clark may be their best opportunity at limiting the impact that Bennett has.
- S Troy Polamalu-One of the focal points for the Bears’ offense should be Polamalu. The Bears need to always be aware of where Polamalu is on the field. Injuries have slowed Polamalu in recent seasons, but the safety has earned a reputation for his relentless attack on defense and could give the Bears fits on blitzes as well as in coverage.
- LB LaMarr Woodley-Woodley has the Steelers only sack on the season. When healthy, Woodley is one of the best blitzing linebackers in the league. Expect Woodley to be a pivotal part in the Steelers’ blitzing schemes on Sunday.