The Pittsburgh Steelers offense has struggled in the early portions of the NFL season.
Their offensive struggles are what most are blaming for the team’s 0-2 start. Those struggles include a lack of a running game and a passing game that hardly takes shots down the field.
With that in mind, the Chicago Bears‘ defense should be in a good position when they face the Steelers’ offense on Sunday night.
For the Bears’ defense, here are five Steeler offensive players that the team may want to gameplan for.
- QB Ben Roethlisberger-The Steelers have been bad this season, but imagine how much worse they would be without Roethlisberger at the quarterback position. The Bears’ defense has struggled to get to the quarterback this season, those struggles may continue when facing a the mobile-Roethlisberger.
- RB Felix Jones-The Steelers only have 75 rushing yards in their first two games of the season. In order for the Steelers’ offense to be successful, the team needs to establish the run. Expect Jones to test the Bears’ defense early and often.
- TE Heath Miller-Miller has not played this season for the Steelers, but the early expectation is that he will make his season debut against the Bears on Sunday. Miller has always been a trusted target of Roethlisberger and should provide a boost to the Steelers’ offense.
- WR Emmanuel Sanders-Sanders is the Steelers leading receiver this season, and leads the team with 22 targets. Expect Sanders to once again be the top target of Roethlisberger on Sunday.
- LT Mike Adams-Julius Peppers has been missing in action on the Bears defense to start the season. Peppers will be pitted against Adams on Sunday and has the advantage. This may be the game where Peppers regains his form.