Throughout the week, the focus for the Bears has been on their defensive line. The Bears failed to sack Cincinnati Bengals‘ quarterback Andy Dalton last week and the team looks to correct that stat against the Vikings on Sunday.
The Chicago Bears defensive line will definitely be one of the team’s keys to victory against the Vikings.
- Get To Christian Ponder-Ponder is capable of the losing the game himself for the Vikings. But in order for the Vikings’ quarterback to do that, the Bears’ defensive line needs generate pressure on Ponder and force the quarterback into making poor decisions. If that happens, Ponder will literally throw the game away for the Vikings.
- Adrian Peterson, That is All- Is it possible for the Bears to stack all 11 players on defense in the box? All joking aside, Adrian Peterson is the key to the Vikings’ offense. The problem is that it is nearly impossible to stop Peterson. For that reason, it is important the Bears stay true to their “bend but not break” defense and don’t allow the Vikings’ running back to run wild.
- Keep Jay Cutler Clean- It’s been said before and should be said again, when Cutler is not being pressured by opposing defenses, the Bears’ quarterback is one of the best in the league. That fact was on display last week in the second half when Cutler orchestrated a comeback from 11 points down. If Cutler stays upright, the quarterback should be in for a successful day against the Vikings’ young secondary.
- Matt Forte Threat-The Vikings allowed 191 yards from scrimmage by Reggie Bush last week against the Lions. Bush has earned a reputation for being a duo-threat in the backfield.Forte possesses the same threat for the Bears. That is why Forte should be a focal point for the Bears’ offense on Sunday.
- D.J. Williams Truly Tested- The man who will be responsible for Peterson will be Bears’ middle linebacker D.J. Williams. This will be Williams first true test as the Bears’ starting middle linebacker. Williams will be the key to the Bears defense against Peterson. If Williams falters, Peterson will thrive and vice versa.