While Adrian Peterson may be the biggest play-maker on the field for the Minnesota Vikings against the Chicago Bears, if the Vikings defeat the Bears on Sunday, it likely will be because of their defensive effort.
Here are five defensive players for the Vikings to watch for in their game against the Bears on Sunday.
- Jared Allen-The Bears offensive line passed their test against the Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive line, their next test comes in the form of defensive end Jared Allen. Allen will be paired up against Bears’ left tackle Jermon Bushrod and that will be one of the key matchups to watch on Sunday.
- Chad Greenway-The Chicago Bears like to utilize running back Matt Forte on outside runs and screen plays. Meaning Vikings’ outside linebacker Chad Greenway will likely be one of the linebackers attempting to thwart the Bears’ strategy with Forte.
- Marvin Mitchell-Like Greenway, Marvin Mitchell is the other outside linebacker for the Vikings. Giving that the Bears like to attack the outside with Matt Forte, Mitchell along with Greenway could make a difference on Sunday.
- Kevin Williams-At the end of their game against the Cincinnati Bengals, the Bears used the ground game of running back Michael Bush to eat up minutes. Williams will be responsible for clogging up the middle lanes and not allowing Bush break through. In addition, expect Williams to once again test Bears’ rookie Kyle Long.
- Brian Robison-Bears right tackle Jordan Mills was graded as one of the top offensive linemen after week 1. Mills will now be pitted against Robinson of the Vikings. Expect Robison to challenge Mills throughout the game.