For the Bears, there were several players that stepped up during their game against the Bengals and those players have been honored in the report card.
Lets take a look at the grades for the Bears from their regular season game against the Bengals.
QB Jay Cutler | 21-of-33 passing for a total of 242 yards to go along with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception.
- Make no mistake about it, Cutler was the reason the Bears won on Sunday. Cutler orchestrated a second half comeback when the Bears offense scored an uncontested 14 straight points. There were times when Cutler’s throws appeared to be wild, but for the most part, the Bears’ quarterback was in sync. Grade: A
WR Brandon Marshall | 104 yards on 8 receptions to go along with 1 touchdown
- By the end of the game, no one was talking about Marshall’s hip. Cutler targeted 6 different players on Sunday and Marshall received a total of 10 targets. Marshall picked up a couple of third down conversions while also scoring the touchdown in the fourth quarter that gave the Bears the lead. Grade: A
TE Martellus Bennett | 49 yards on 3 receptions to go along with 1 touchdown
- Bennnett proved why tight-ends were valuable in the red-zone for offenses with his first quarter touchdown. That being said, Bennett also struggled with drops and penalties in his Bears’ debut on Sunday. Grade: B
CB Charles Tillman | 7 tackles, 2 interceptions
- If grading on effort, Tillman would receive an A. Tillman was ill on Sunday, and despite throwing up on the sideline, the Bears cornerback had an impact in the game on Sunday. Tillman had two first half interceptions of Andy Dalton. However, Tillman did struggle in coverage against Bengals’ wide receiver AJ Green. Grade: B
Offense Line | 0 sacks allowed, 4 quarterback hits
- The Bears offensive line was impressive on Sunday. The Bears offensive line allowed no sacks on Sunday and held Bengals’ defensive tackle Geno Atkins without a tackle. The Bears offensive line succeeded in pass protection, but seemed to struggle a bit when it came to running plays. Grade: B