This is the first NFL Sunday for Da Windy City. One of the greatest joys that I get on every NFL Sunday is the predictions that the various analysts make regarding NFL games across the various broadcasts. Some pre-game shows like to provide comedic relief while making their predictions, though the only thing that is needed from those segments is relief for our eyes. Other pre-game shows stick strictly to football, and simply make their predictions without any sketches or B-list celebrity cameos. Da Windy City will be making weekly NFL picks. There will be no comedic relief to go along with these picks, but that may come the following week when we take a look at how accurate our predictions were.
Week 11 NFL Picks
- The Atlanta Falcons bounce back and improve their record to 9 and 1 with a victory over the Arizona Cardinals.
- The Dallas Cowboys win their second consecutive game as they defeat the Cleveland Browns.
- The Detroit Lions manage to pull off the upset against the Green Bay Packers while keeping a slight window open for them in the NFC North division.
- The stars aligned perfectly for the Kansas City Chiefs to earn their second victory of the season last Monday against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but a Matt Cassel interception in overtime proved costly as the Steelers went on to win. The Cincinnati Bengals, who defeated the New York Giants last week, will push their record to .500 with a victory over the Chiefs.
- The Washington Redskins take advantage of the opportunities that Nick Foles will provide for them in his first career NFL start as a quarterback and defeat the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Many are beginning to jump on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ bandwagon as a potential wild-card team, that wagon will continue to roll through this week with a victory over the Carolina Panthers.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars will seek a mercy rule during their defeat against the Houston Texans on Sunday.
- There are far greater issues with the New York Jets than just the fact that Tim Tebow is their backup quarterback, their problems will continue this week as they lose to the St Louis Rams.
- The New Orleans Saints are one of the NFL’s hottest teams right now, and that will continue to be the case as they beat the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.
- Peyton Manning leads the Denver Broncos to a victory over the San Diego Chargers.
- Tom Brady sends a notice to Andrew Luck as the New England Patriots defeat the Indianapolis Colts.
- No Big Ben? No problem for the Pittsburgh Steelers as they upset the Baltimore Ravens.
*Note that the Bears’ prediction will come in a separate article.